Kitchen countertop is rotten!

Old 04-18-08, 07:54 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kitchen countertop is rotten!

My kitchen counter is covered with cheap peel & stick tile that is chipped, nicked or falling off in places. So not only is this a health concern but it's also very ugly! I rent so I would like to replace this stuff cheap- suggestions anybody?

Old 04-18-08, 08:11 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You're in sort of sticky situation (no pun intended) since you rent. If the Landlord isn't willing to correct the situation - then you're faced with trying to correct it yourself (at your expense, unless he/she is willing to exchange rent $$ for improvements _try it). You have a wide myriad of choices - from replacing the entire countertop to trying to cover it with another product (tile/laminate/etc.).

If the countertop under those cheap tile is still good (unlikely) then you could tile over it.. or lay formica over it. The cheapest route would be to remove the existing countertop and install a "stock" formica countertop over it.

Old 04-18-08, 11:02 AM
H
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
My kitchen counter is covered with cheap peel & stick tile that is chipped, nicked or falling off in places. So not only is this a health concern but it's also very ugly!
If its really that bad, then talk to the landlord and insist that he replace it. If you are paying rent you are entitled to safe, clean living conditions. Dont take no for an answer.

Old 04-18-08, 11:04 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
And, you can always do like a previous renter who got no response from the landlord, install more peel and stick tiles. The old ones would have to be removed and the surface prepped.

Old 04-18-08, 03:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
.....and if it should come to "that", then I would start complaining vehemetly about the roaches also.

Roaches can mean health department.
Health department can mean an inspection.
An inspection can mean a new counter top.
Think about it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: