Bathroom Ventilation

Old 04-21-08, 04:23 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bathroom Ventilation

We have a bathroom in the Basement with shower. It needs to have a ventilation fan installed. I am remodelling the laundry room next to the Bathroom. I want to install the fan on the wall. The problem I have is where to run the vent pipe. I could run it along the Furnace duct to the outside wall but is about twenty Feet. It is also next to the furnace and hot water tank room. Can it be attached to the Chimney? Or can it be vented to the adjacent room. Outside is preferable but the distance is a concern. Any suggestions.

Old 04-21-08, 04:51 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
20' is no problem. Attaching to the chimney is a no no. Venting to an adjacent room could put some "interesting" aromas in that room. Vent to the outside.

Old 04-21-08, 06:24 PM
F
If you are venting to another interior space, why bother.

Vent outside or don't vent at all......my two cents

Old 05-02-08, 02:27 PM
L
What kind of a home do you have? I have a split entry, above the furnace and hot water tank is plywood, thru that plywood is a chase that runs up into the attic. There is nothing in the chase except the insulated wall chimney used for the hot water tank. If you cut a hole in it you have a clear shot to the attic and roof, great for running wiring or vents.

As far as 20', that is no problem for an exhaust. They make a thru the wall exhaust kit for kitchen exhaust, probably the same thing for your application, just a fancy version of a drier vent!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: