hot water dispenser question

Old 05-26-08, 04:37 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
hot water dispenser question

I have recently had a hot water dispenser installed in my kitchen. It says in the manual to hook it up to the cold water supply but where it is put it only reaches to the hot water supply. Does anyone know if it really makes a difference between hooking it up to the cold or hot water supply?

Old 05-26-08, 04:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I don't know why you couldn't, but you would be wasting energy by using the hot water supply line. The dispenser and the hot water tank would be drawing energy. I would follow the manufacturers instructions.

Old 05-26-08, 06:31 PM
L
thank you Mark...I believe the reason that he did hook it up to the hot was because the copper tube could not reach the cold. I would think that there is a way to put an extension on it but I am going to tell him to switch it...since it has been plugged in, it does get very hot even when not in use which I think is because it is drawing in the hot water instead of the cold water.

Old 05-27-08, 01:55 PM
S
Yep, use an extension for that, make sure you take the measures correctly.

I have donde that before for a similar situation. Good Luck.

Last edited by HotxxxxxxxOKC; 05-27-08 at 04:59 PM. Reason: removed url
Old 06-01-08, 06:51 PM
L
thank you...I did get another soft copper tube and another piece to connect the two and had him switch it to the cold and it works great and I feel better now that it is done correctly. Thank you both for your help

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: