Back for the Threshold Question

Old 06-12-08, 06:51 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Back for the Threshold Question

Originally Posted by chandler
He hasn't gotten to his threshold, yet. He'll be back.
OK,
It worked out to be 1 1/2 inch difference from carpet in hallway to the new floor.
I've searched around the site and can't find a "how to" on this, so I'm back...what's the best way to deal with this?
Thanks again!

Old 06-12-08, 06:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Exactly where does your SLC end in that doorway? Does the door open into the room or out of the room?

This forum requires that you wait 180 seconds between posts. Please try again in 76 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 180 seconds between posts. Please try again in 48 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 180 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 180 seconds between posts. Please try again in 10 seconds.

Old 06-12-08, 08:56 PM
N
the slc ends at the inside edge of the jamb, at the trim.
I blocked the door with a 1x1 when I poured the SLC.
It makes the floor one continuous edge that lines up with the inside of the drywall.
The door opens into the room, it will need to be reduced in height. thought about making a joke about taking half off the top and half off the bottom, but it's just too late in the evening to do that!

Old 06-14-08, 10:12 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
"PERFECT"!!!

You can make (or have made) a wooden threshold/reducer that matches the tile on the one side and tapers down to about 3/4" on the carpet side. It would be the width of the door jambs (+-)4-1/2 inches). This way tha variance in the reducer is only going to be about 3/4" and will actually go unnoticed for the most part.

If wood isn't desireable such a reducer could also be made from stone. ($$$$$)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: