Over The Toilet Cabinet Only 1 Stud

Old 08-21-08, 08:09 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Over The Toilet Cabinet Only 1 Stud

I have and over the toilet cabinet (over the john cabinet) that I wish to install. It is 24" wide and 30" high. I plan on installing it 55" from the floor to the bottom of the cabinet. That will give plenty of room for taking care of business on the toilet. .

The question is, I will only be able to hit 1 stud behind the wall. I'll be able to pretty much have the cabinet centered on the stud, but will this do. I was thinking of using 6 screws. Since there are 3 shelves, it would be 1 screw at the top and bottom of each shelf. Or should I hit the 1 stud say 3 times, but use anchors of some sort in all 4 corners. If I use anchors what kind would do. I was thinking of the self starting, EZ-anchors to help with the process. I would like to use toggle bolts, but I'm worried I may end up not level.

Old 08-22-08, 01:48 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I installed it using the 6 cabinet screws and it seems rock solid. I was going to use the anchors, but the screws are doing just fine.

Old 08-22-08, 02:56 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
I did the same thing, but I just used three long screws into the stud - like your second picture without the anchors in the corners.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: