installing wall urinal is it worth it?

Old 10-14-08, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy installing wall urinal is it worth it?

My husband and I plan to buy a lot. Right now we are designing our own floor plan. I am thinking of putting a wall urinal because my husband is so lazy flushing the toilet. Am I doing the right thing? It must be something that he's allergic on flushing.: I don't know how to maintain this urinal and haven't seen how 1 functions. Will it also create odor? In an exhibit, I found a water closet that is multifunctional. It has bidet, it has some sensor, it closes its cover. It talks.But it's worth like more than $2,222.00 made from Korea and Italy. So expensive! I don't know if women experience the same thing with their husbands. CAn you tell me the advantage and disadvantage of wall urinal?Tnx

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-08, 01:03 PM
Aside from commercial restrooms, Ive not seen a urinal in a residence before. Very Very Very funnnnnnnnny post though.

Old 10-14-08, 06:24 PM
To never have to hear "put the seat down!!!!" Well worth it in my opinion. I can't see why a urinal wouldn't work in a residence. Use the deodorant cakes and post a sign that says "please don't eat the large white mints."

Old 10-14-08, 06:32 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
They do have automatic flushing toilets.....and even toilets that will lower the lid when done. Take away his remote control until he learns to flush...

I agree with Johnny, it will look like a commercial restroom.

Old 10-14-08, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by HotinOKC View Post
They do have automatic flushing toilets.....and even toilets that will lower the lid when done. Take away his remote control until he learns to flush...

I agree with Johnny, it will look like a commercial restroom.
Call that look "ultra-modern." It's all in the marketing. Think of the superbowl parties.

Don't listen to these haters monique. I'm with you on this one.

Can I come over to pee just once?

Old 10-14-08, 07:44 PM
My husband and I are thinking of doing the same when we remodel our bathroom. I say go for it!

Who knows... in 10 yrs urinals will be the hot new trend!

Oh, I must add that we have a water closed and this is where we intend to place the urinal as well. So it it closed off from the rest of the bathroom.

Old 10-14-08, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by moniquet View Post
My husband and I plan to buy a lot. Right now we are designing our own floor plan. I am thinking of putting a wall urinal because my husband is so lazy flushing the toilet. (
If you problem is the flushing, then you are thinking in an automatic urinal flushing system or a self cleaning urinal, so... did you think about the additional water consumption of these systems?
Probably a toilet with an automatic flushing systems will solve your problem better, with less waste of water. Check also for automatic toilet seat covers

Old 10-15-08, 04:00 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
First, unless you spend the extra money for a self flusher, the flushing will still be done manually (or not at all in your case). Urinals require a 1" supply line, which you don't have normally in a residence, except for your main supply line. It will look commercial, but who cares. Women need to be more understanding and raise the seat when they are through. Who says this is a one way street? Oooh, I'll get in trouble on that one.
OR, you could do as they did at the original Atlanta Stadium...the men's bathroom consisted of a 10" trough that ran the perimeter of the room with water constantly running through it. No flushing, the walls were tiled, so the water sheared right off, no lids to lower....really an ideal situation.

Old 10-17-08, 03:40 PM
I would be totally grossed out if I walked into someone's bathroom and saw a men's urinal. Those things are meant to be kept in bathrooms that only men will see. I think a lot of women would think it offensive

Old 10-27-08, 09:57 PM
I am building a pool table room soon. I have plans for a urinal in it. It is afterall, a bar.

For your husband.. tell him to just pee in the yard. A urinal will look pretty odd in your master bathroom.

Old 11-01-08, 04:43 PM
nap
Originally Posted by Aseret_in_MO View Post
I would be totally grossed out if I walked into someone's bathroom and saw a men's urinal. Those things are meant to be kept in bathrooms that only men will see. I think a lot of women would think it offensive
what is offensive about a chunk of porcelein hanging on the wall. With all the times women complain about the seat being left up or "sprinkles" on the seat, I would think women would welcome a urinal for the men.

Now, since this is offensive to you, how are men to feel about a bidet in the bathroom? Should that be offensive to us men?

Maybe the book "everybody poops" will put things in perspective. We all go to that room to relieve ourselves. Simple as that. What we relieve ourselves in is pretty trivial as long as it ISN"T THE SINK civicminded!!

Old 11-01-08, 05:50 PM
They make an additive for urinals that requires NO water.. EVER. The urinal doesn't even need a water connection.

Kinda like oil and water, the urine goes under the additive, no flushing needed.

Commercial venues are saving millions on clean water/wastewater/maintanence/plumbing/etc.