Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Can I Install a Corner Sink Over My "Easy Reach" Corner Base Cabinet?

Can I Install a Corner Sink Over My "Easy Reach" Corner Base Cabinet?

Old 11-04-08, 10:53 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face Can I Install a Corner Sink Over My "Easy Reach" Corner Base Cabinet?

We are trying to reuse our existing cabinets during our kitchen remodel. We curently have an L-shaped "easy reach" corner cabinet with a hinged two-paneled door front. The sink is currently located along the wall to the right.

I am wondering if we can have a single basin corner sink installed at a 45 degree angle over the corner base cabinet. I've searched the internet and only see corner sinks over corner base cabinets with a flat front door. I realize we'd lose (at least) the storage space above the top shelf in the cabinet, but storage isn't really an issue. Is putting a sink over this type of cabinet possible? Advisable?

I was thinking we can just have the countertop cut at a 45 degree angle to run parallel with the edge of the sink? Would this look better than having the "v" of the countertop point toward the sink? Is this possible or advisable?

Any thoughts? I look forward to reading your comments!

Old 11-04-08, 03:44 PM
J
I would doubt it. You need to have a 45 deg angled top, and the cabinet in not exactly convertible. And definitely not if it is a lazy susan.

Old 11-04-08, 04:20 PM
Hi sbcemail,

Usually, a corner cabinet for sink purposes, has a 36" clearance. So you will lose a lot of space, specially in the far corner

Instead of this, you can use a corner triple sink unit, like the one of the image below
Corner Triple Sink

Old 11-05-08, 09:17 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
The cabinets in my rental are very old and look like something that someone pieced together at one time from another kitchen. The sink base cabinet appears to have been an easy reach that has a small shallow shelf in the rear and mounted behind the plumbing. It's definitely not convenient for retrieving items. The cabinet is 36" wide in each direction out of the corner.

The sink is as the one pictured in the above link. This still sink is often called a butterfly sink. The use of a corner sink requires a custom top to avoid a seam in the area of the sink. Otherwise, you will end up with a seam in the area of the sink if standard 25" deep counter is used.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: