Help me remodel my bathroom (ideas needed)

Old 11-23-08, 11:40 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help me remodel my bathroom (ideas needed)

I have a 1930's house (old for Eugene Oregon) that I'm redoing the bathroom in. I had a fire in the living room and will be out of the house for three months so i figure it's time to redo it. I've never done a project like this before so I'm here looking for some help.

I did a rough sketch to scale (mostly) of my bathroom. The measurements probably aren't 100% accurate but are within inches and most are measured from edge of stud to edge of stud.

IF possible I would like to have a separate tiled shower and calwfoot tub as well as the obvious sink and toilette. I have no need for a huge sink and don't mind skimping there. Also creative and funky are not out of the question at all.

The clawfoot i have is a Kohler Anniversary slipper back (that i got for a steal on craigslist - $250). Size: 72" L x 37 1/2" W x 21 1/2" H. I like the idea of having the tub up on a 6" or so elevated platform if i can get it to look right but room might just be too small for that

The shower i would like to do would be about 48" inner length and about 32 or so inches wide.

Not picky with sink or toilette (but would like one that is a bit taller since i'm 6'6".

The red in the picture is the underside of the stairs going to the second floor so is basically unusable except for storage

The blue area is the current closet for the master bedroom that I am seriously considering removing to make bathroom bigger (closet will be relocated to other wall and be larger/walk in).

I'm not super familiar with code and everything and realize it's different anywhere. Any suggestion as to where to locate things would be great. I'll be having my pipes replaced under the floor so it's a pretty blank canvas.

Thanks very much if anyone replies

Old 11-24-08, 12:16 AM
A
Note: the shower size is not set in stone by any means. I'm considering a corner shower if it would work as well... i listed the dimensions of the shower only for a reference to the general size of shower i'd like

Old 11-24-08, 10:04 AM
A
I could really use some help in figuring out how to get everything to fit... Is it even possible to get a separate tub and shower in this space?

Old 11-24-08, 07:26 PM
A
Creative Alternatives for free standing clawfoot faucet?

I have a kohler black slipper back clawfoot tub. I got it for a steal @ $250 in perfect shape. It's missing the actual faucet and one of the handles for turning the water on and off. I like alternative / funky / creative solutions compared to spending $1200 for fixtures for the tub.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to cheaply and nicely make a freestanding faucet?

Old 11-24-08, 07:29 PM
A
black tub and white sink / toilet look weird?

I have a nice black slipper clawfoot tub that i might be using in my bathroom remodel. Would it look weird to have a white sink and white toilet?

Thanks for opinions

Old 11-24-08, 07:34 PM
A
whats a good size for a shower?

I want to put in a separate shower in my bathroom... whats a good size? I'm 6'6" so I'm a big guy... The rental i'm staying in (had a house fire at my place) has a shower with inner dimensions of 48" x 38". i like this size but am wondering if there is a standard size thats a bit smaller but still roomy. I'm not even sure how to go ab out figuring out what size i want...

Also... what is a decent size for a corner shower? I don't need HUGE but i don't want to feel claustrophobic.

thanks

Old 11-25-08, 05:57 AM
Hi ahreno,

I can try to develop a sketch but I'd need the remaining dimensions.

Old 11-28-08, 10:58 PM
A
Originally Posted by pmgca
Hi ahreno,

I can try to develop a sketch but I'd need the remaining dimensions.
Alright... after some hard work and rot repair i have a new sketch and a couple photos.

We're going to flip the door around to open the other way so it will open against the stair well... which should be more convenient.

Now to try to fit the big clawfoot... a walkin shower and toilet and sink... in a usable & friendly way!

This shows the orange area in the sketch... you see the 45degree angle from the stairwell.

any help or suggestions just hollar!

Old 11-29-08, 09:02 AM
H
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
has a shower with inner dimensions of 48" x 38". i like this size but am wondering if there is a standard size thats a bit smaller but still roomy.
The nice thing about custom showers that they can be any size you like provided you have the room. I try to convince homeowners that anything smaller than 42"x32" is to small, but code allows for a lot smaller. The shower you have now is a nice size. Being that you are a big guy, I'd stick to something that size

Old 11-29-08, 09:57 PM
I saw the pictures + read your specs + saw the message you wrote.
IMO, you should verify the codes with your BD first

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: