Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Wainscoting Over Existing Tile.....Can I do this???

Old 11-26-08, 02:49 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I am updating my current 50's pink/green bathroom and would like to take on as much of the work as possible. While the tub and tile surround will be reglazed (professionally), I am considering installing wainscoting over the existing wall tile in the rest of the room. I've researched this online, but have found different instructions on how to do it.

Is wainscoting difficult to install (I have a small 8' x 5' area)? I will need to cut it to fit around a window.....how will I seal it?

Old 11-26-08, 03:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
How far up the wall does this tile extend?

The reason I ask this is, if it goes up about 4 feet, how are you going to address the top of the wainscotting?

Just clean the tile thoroughly and apply the wainscotting with some quality construction adhesive, like a PL product from HD.

Not sure what you mean by sealing it around the window.......window should already be sealed? Can you post some pictures of this area? Upload the pictures to a photo sharing site, then insert the IMG url here?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: