Toilet bowl water level

Old 12-01-08, 03:54 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet bowl water level

What sets the amount of water "waiting" in the bowl of a toilet?

The tank of this toilet is easily 3/4 or better filled, no audible drainage, but the bowl level seems very low.

Can I adjust the amount of water sitting in the bowl between flushes?

--Bryant

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-08, 04:30 PM
B
Received 35 Votes on 32 Posts
The plumbers are going to laugh at my description here, but I think I know what you want, at least on the units I've worked on. There is an vertical overflow pipe and a plastic tube that dispenses the water. Make sure that tube dispenses water into that pipe. This allows extra water to flow to the bowl during refill of the tank. The final height of the bowl is determined by the goose neck shape of the water path. Too much and the extra spills out the back into the drain pipe.
You also said the tank is 3/4 full so check to be sure it isn't stopping the fill process too soon. You may simply need more water in your tank at the start of each flush. That is an adjustment on the float mechanism that shuts off the water.

If I have confused the dickens out of you, just hang on and a real plumber type person will correct this advise.

Happy Holidays
Bud

Old 12-01-08, 05:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Bud is right. Just make sure the tube from the fill valve isn't stuffed too far into the overflow tube or it will siphon water back out. Make sure, too the tank is filling to within 3/4" or so from the top of the overflow tube. If not, adjust the fill valve until you get this level.

Old 12-02-08, 09:36 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Fellas. I checked it all and it seems in accordance to what you describe. It's just that my other toilets seem to have a bowl full of water; this one, not so much. Yep, it's different brand. No issue, Fellas....it'll still do the job.