Spacing of faucet holes in granite countertops

Old 01-27-09, 07:44 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Spacing of faucet holes in granite countertops

Hello,
Can anyone tell me where faucet holes (widespread faucet) should be drilled in granite countertops. Specifically, how far from the back of the sink and/or how far in from the (granite) backsplash? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks so much.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-09, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
That can really vary a lot depending on what faucet you use. Some have wide bases or the placement of the handles may require it to be a little closer to the sink.

I wound up having to install a new sink just because the faucet we really liked wouldn't fit the holes correctly in a standard SS sink.

There may be info in your faucet instructions...or give the faucet to your granite fabricator.

Old 01-27-09, 08:45 AM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Depends on sink and faucet, you select the sink and faucet, and work out placement from there, for example you may not want the faucet centered on the sink if it has unequal sized bowls.

Old 01-27-09, 09:16 AM
L
Faucet holes in granite countertops

Thanks for the replies. The problem is: the installer already drilled the holes and my faucet doesn't fit without jamming the handles down because they hit the back of the backsplash. And I mean without shoving them in the holes the faucet won't sit flush on the countertop. They are telling me that the holes are standard, but I've never seen any faucet without some room behind it. They had the sink (oblong shaped) and faucet before drilling. I was hoping there was something 'standard' to go by.

Old 01-27-09, 12:47 PM
B
Thumbs up Faucet Placement

Generally the faucet centers should be drilled approx 1.5" behind sink. That is the "standard". However in your case, it may be that the sink was too large or larger than normal. The sink hole gets cut first then the faucet holes so the installers may have not measure the allowable cabinet space before cutting or drilling. Most faucets have a wider base so that you may try having the faucet holes drilled wide and farther front so to make more room in the back.

Old 01-30-09, 09:15 AM
A
faucet

there should be a way to widen the size of the hole. I would talk with the installer again.