Range hood over peninsula

Old 02-02-09, 10:56 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Range hood over peninsula

I'm in the final planning stages for remodeling my entire kitchen. The flat seiling in my kitchen will be removed making the entire area cathedral ceiling. The new cabinets will be extended into the living area about 4 feet. My ceiling is cathedral at about 5/12 slope. Will I be able to install the subject hood over the stove being the ceiling is not horizontal? I have not seen pics of this yet... whether it's a finished project or a hood disply in the store/websites.
Any help would be appreciated.

Semper Fidelis!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-09, 11:56 PM
T
You don't mention the type of range or range top. There are pop up vents for islands and peninsula range tops. You might want to explore that option.

Old 02-03-09, 03:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Any exhaust, of course, will be exposed. Quite often we box around the ducting with the same material used for the cabinets. Sometimes the owner opts for exposed ducting painted flat black. I have also installed a stainless steel square duct cover to match the vent hood to the ceiling. It really depends on your decor and what you expect as a final result.
As twelvepole suggests, you could opt for a downdraft vent if you have access to the basement below the island. This is a preferred method to keep the clutter from overhead.

Old 02-03-09, 03:36 PM
J
Free standing peninsula range hoods are often quite pricey, even when simple. I agree with the downdraft solution, but that can also get pricey.