What to match these cabinets to

Old 03-05-09, 09:06 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What to match these cabinets to

Im fixing up my house as mostly a rental property. I'll be living in it with 2-3 others. It is a duplex and narrow, and basically a brand new, big kitchen is not ideal.

I found these cabinets, they are solid, and simple (I like simple cabinets) and I think I can get them for a good price. My plan is to strip them, and stain them with a black or transparent black so I can still see the grain. Worst case scenario I spray them with my gun, nice and glossy.

My concern is what am I going to match these up with on the bottom. I don't think Home Depot or Lowes has in stock cabinets that are simple enough. Anyone have any idea what I can do for the bottom cabinets, maybe IKEA has something? I know the mis matched or different color kitchens can look pretty good. New tile, new counter, new backsplash and good lighting will all be done as well.

13 foot long wall, these are 11 ft long. May go with an L shape countertop, where I can sit and eat at the extension. Maybe even a stainless extension. Thanks.

Old 03-05-09, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi nowitsshowtime, welcome to the Forums

Nice cabinets!
I'd not use a dark color on these cabinets, it will hide the grain. In addition, in narrow spaces, dark colors don't look fine
Ikea's cabinets will not match solid wood cabinets, that's for sure

You can check the KraftMaid website--> they have a line called Simple Elements By Design Trends: Simple Elements
Not all of them are really simple but there are two options that will match your cabinets. I specially liked the first image--> you can paint the upper cabinets with the same mocha used in the highligts of the base cabinets

Species: Maple
Finish: Praline w/Mocha Highlight
Maple Simple Elements Cabinets - KraftMaid Cabinetry

Species: Maple
Finishes: Willow Cinnamon
Maple Simple Elements Cabinets - KraftMaid Cabinetry

The Home Depot stores sell Kraftmaid cabinets

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: