Help with Green Tile

Old 03-30-09, 10:10 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help with Green Tile

I just recently moved into a house where the master bathroom has a green tile shower with white grout. The green tile is a deep green with dark accents. The tile is in great shape and a beautiful color so I want to keep that. I need help picking out a color that will accent the green tile shower. I was originally thinking of larger white tile with smaller green tile mixed in. A friend gave me some light tan tile to use, but I can't imagine that going well. What color would accent a green tile shower?

Old 03-31-09, 04:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! The mods may move this to a decorating forum, so get ready. But, just for the record, what are you accenting. Are you adding tile to the remainder of the walls of the bathroom? I don't think the tan will complement the green. Maybe a lighter green scattered in a field of white. You don't want to make it too dark, since the shower/tub is obviously darker than normal.

Old 03-31-09, 05:20 PM
Hi Mentu13,

The answer depends of several points
1 - How do you intend to mix / add the new tiles?--> I mean, related with the pattern--> do you intend to remove some pieces? add a border?
2 - Size of the current tiles
3 - Are there other tiles in this bathroom?
Also, it will be great if you can post a picture

Old 04-10-09, 09:41 PM
M
Originally Posted by pmgca View Post
Hi Mentu13,

The answer depends of several points
1 - How do you intend to mix / add the new tiles?--> I mean, related with the pattern--> do you intend to remove some pieces? add a border?
2 - Size of the current tiles
3 - Are there other tiles in this bathroom?
Also, it will be great if you can post a picture
I will get a pic asap. The green will stay untouched, where I want to put more tile is on the floor. The tiles on the wall is 4" X4" and the tile that was given to me was 12" X 12". I know that limits me to the layout. I origianlly thought too of white 4" tile with the green tile sprinked in either random or some pattern, I have to see how much I have. There are no other tile in the room.

Old 04-11-09, 12:31 PM
M

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: