33" vs 36" lazy susan

Old 04-13-09, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
33" vs 36" lazy susan

Hello,

We have 2 kitchen plans from 2 different companies. The one from Lowes (which we're 95% sure we're going to go with) has a 33" corner lazy susan, while another company said we should go with a 36" unit since it will be easier to use and get stuff in and out of. If we go with a 36", then we need to make some other changes too, which could mess up the plan we really like.

My question is: is a 36" lazy susan that much better/easier to use than a 33"? Thanks.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-09, 09:08 AM
Hi Mark,

It depends a lot of each particular situation, however, in my experience, smaller lazy susans work better. Larger LS use to become overloaded compromising the movement

Old 04-13-09, 12:26 PM
Tha'ts good to hear. Not sure what size the LS was in our old house (built in 2001), but the 39 year old one we have in this house is 36". It does operate OK, but does occassionally close itself, and even when it is closed, the door fronts (which are attached and spin around within it) are never perfectly square with the frame.

The new LS we've got speced out will have a door that piano hinges out and then you just spin the 2 shelves. Are those better than the ones with the door attached that spin with the shelves?

Old 04-13-09, 12:39 PM
You will put stuff in there that is not used frequently anyway. I personally like the smaller one, just to get wider drawers somewhere else. The hinged doors take more work, but look better. Seriously think about lower doors versus drawers. They are more work, even with pull shelves (even more work). Open the door, pull the shelf, get item. Or, open drawer, get item. If you want, show me your plan, I'll pick it. Be safe, GBR

Old 04-14-09, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by GBR in WA View Post
Seriously think about lower doors versus drawers. They are more work, even with pull shelves (even more work). Open the door, pull the shelf, get item. Or, open drawer, get item. If you want, show me your plan, I'll pick it.
I don't understand about the lower doors vs drawers.

Old 04-14-09, 02:58 PM
I don't see how this is related with a LS....

Old 04-14-09, 04:48 PM
Oh... he was talking about other base cabinets and not the LS. Now I get it.

Old 04-14-09, 06:45 PM
I'm sorry I wasn't clear, sometimes I just ramble on...... Yes, I was talking about other bases. There I go again...... Be safe, GBAR

Last edited by pmgca; 04-14-09 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Mixed threads
Old 04-15-09, 06:03 PM
We will be having a good mix of lowers with drawers and some with doors, including a pots and pans model with 3 big roll our drawers (no doors). Thanks for the help.

Old 04-18-09, 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by Indiana627 View Post
Hello,

We have 2 kitchen plans from 2 different companies. The one from Lowes (which we're 95% sure we're going to go with) has a 33" corner lazy susan, while another company said we should go with a 36" unit since it will be easier to use and get stuff in and out of. If we go with a 36", then we need to make some other changes too, which could mess up the plan we really like.

My question is: is a 36" lazy susan that much better/easier to use than a 33"? Thanks.

Mark
To my mind 36" is better.