Undermount sink with laminate countertop

Old 05-06-09, 08:43 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Undermount sink with laminate countertop

I really want an undermount sink, but am looking at laminate countertops. I've found Counter-Seal and Karran sinks. Both products seem to have been around since the late 1990s and seem to do the job. Does anyone have experience with either product or others?

I'm a bit weary of an undermount on laminate due to chipping and possible leaks. I don't have the $ for a solid surface counter right now. If laminate won't work I may need to save up awhile or settle for a drop in sink instead. Thanks.

Old 05-07-09, 08:02 AM
A
undermount sink

I wouldn't do an undermount with laminate -- because of the reasons you mentioned. Have you looked at the big box stores? They have a lot of good inexpensive tops with undermounts that are premade to go together. Otherwise, I would wait until you can afford the solid surface or granite. (We've had luck going to stone fabricators and buying slabs with slight imperfections-- another thought!)

Old 05-07-09, 04:43 PM
R
I install Karran Sinks, and if it is properly installed you will have no problems with it. Make sure that who ever you use to install the counter top and the Karran Sink has experience, knows the proper procedures and specs.
Karran offers fantastic warranties, and they stand behind them. I have installed too many to count, and have not had any problems.

Old 05-07-09, 05:35 PM
M
If they are installed properly there is absolutely no problem, just make sure you get a fabricator with experience installing them.

The following site will show you the propper way to install and undermount sink in laminate.

Under counter Sinks Installed

Counter seal is a Wilsonart product that will match wilsonart laminate.

I have personally installed hundreds no problem- ever. at least I never got a call back or a complaint. too good to be true.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: