shower stall options

Old 10-26-09, 10:26 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
shower stall options

We need to redo our master bath. It has a shower stall measuring 48" x 32". I am unable to extend it to make it a 34" bc the door is there. It currently has the 70's vinyl looking sheets glued up (I guess they are glued?), and they are starting to crack in places. I do not want to put tile in. I really like the Swanstone, but currently it is out of my price range. I have looked at Veritek and Vikrell, but they don't have anything in 32". It is frustrating. Does anyone know what we can do for a shower stall besides tiles for $1,000 or less? Also, how do you remove the current sheets? We are going to try to do as much as we can ourselves, within reason. Any advise is greatly appreciated!!

Old 10-26-09, 12:29 PM
Hi buckmarko

Two ideas
1 - If I am not wrong, the Sterling products (by Kohler) have shower stalls with 32"

2 - HD, Lowes. etc have shower kits with glass blocks and they fit any space. They are not expensive

Old 10-27-09, 03:33 PM
J
You say you can't afford it, but that shower should be there for a LONG time. Cheap will not be there for long. I just did a new shower by Terestone, 48x32, very solid base, no extra support needed, and polished wall panels. Pricey, maybe, this one was about $4K. It will outlast the current occupants, who are in their late 30 early 40.

Old 10-27-09, 07:07 PM
B
Thanks Bill,
That opened a new line of products I haven't seen. Options are increasing. Is it hard to install one of those little benches?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: