Help with appliance color

Old 02-08-10, 06:29 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help with appliance color

My husband & I are in the process of building a log home & I have some kitchen color issues. We are going for a Modern-meets country look. We chose a tigerwood floor because with all the pine I wanted to break it up. We went with a light maple cabinet & here is where I am having trouble. I want to add copper most likeley to the back splash but possibly to the island countertop & sink. We will be using oil rubbed bronze (or black) pulls & faucets. Here is my issues...........APPLIANCE color- originally I thought stainless for the high-end look but now I worry about the copper&stainless competing & was considering black. I saw the Jenn-Air Oil rubbed bronze appliances (which would be perfect) but just can's afford them. What do you guys think? Go with the stainless or black??? I worry that the black will bring it down a notch & that the stainless will compete with the copper.

Thanks
Joieann

Old 02-08-10, 07:25 AM
Hi Joieann, welcome to DIY Forums!

I agree that the rubbed bronze appliances would be a great solution, but, you are right, they are expensive. However, some brands have black appliances with cooper / brown accents. I think that you'll find some models in the Kenmore Elite page
Other idea: some brands have appliances in the tan / bisque shades. These are some ideas

Old 02-08-10, 03:53 PM
N
Originally Posted by pmgca
Hi Joieann, welcome to DIY Forums!

However, some brands have black appliances with cooper / brown accents. I think that you'll find some models in the Kenmore Elite page
Other idea: some brands have appliances in the tan / bisque shades. These are some ideas
Thanks I am going to look for those right now......I am hopefull!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: