Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Building a wall mounted table worth it or just go buy it?

Old 07-28-10, 08:40 PM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

First time poster here,

I really liked the wall mounted table sold by ikea unfortunately it was too small, I needed something to fit closer to 3 people.

I am primarily wanting to do this because space is so limited in the kitchen. Anyway here are some pics of what I would like, is it worth it to dive into this or is it a pretty advanced project? could it even be done under 300 being asked on ebay?

here is one form ikea the one that is to small, but you can see the support better there

Maybey I could add foldable legs?

Thank you!!

Old 07-29-10, 02:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Looks as if you have the plans before you. I would use a good quality Sandeply cabinet grade plywood and band the edges with oak, and make it a little larger. Remember you will be limited to 34" or so in depth, since it needs to be mounted at a comfortable height. Determine that height, first, then build it. We're here, go for it.

Old 07-29-10, 05:13 AM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What should I do for the support? just put it on hinges and then had legs or go the route of these 2 and get some sort of mechanism, I heard there is folding shelf brackets not sure how to use them. or am I wanting something else?

BTW this would be my first DIY type project i have the following tools

18V drill, Sawzall, circular saw, angle grinder and a hand tool set anything else I am gonna need?

You think this will be able to be done for less than the $300 price tag?

Where do I get the type of wood you are talking about?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: