Alternative shower wall treatments?

Old 08-02-10, 05:58 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Alternative shower wall treatments?

I'm looking for sources for shower wall panels other than the plastic crap at HD. I've see faux stone panels in motel rooms that were very nice, but can't seem to locate any sources. I'd like to find something that isn't too expensive but looks more natural than the molded plastic stuff.

Ideas?

Steve

Old 08-02-10, 04:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Steve, you can install a concrete backer and install tile as fast, at the puky panels you refer to. Tile is not rocket science, and we can walk you through it if you run into problems. It is sanitary, almost waterproof, and takes a good licking (tough).

Old 08-03-10, 08:20 PM
B
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Lightbulb Faux stone shower walls

Steve, there is a brand name - Swanstone - which is famous for good quality faux stone shower walls in a huge variety of designs, colors and patterns, although it is not very cheap, the prices are fair, and there are many stores selling that stuff, I am sure you can find a good deal. Try everyfaucet.com, eFaucets.com, plumbersurplus.com Good luck!

Old 08-04-10, 04:30 AM
M
I did see Swanstone and it appears to be the same stuff I saw in a hotel that I really liked. Problem there is that it would add $1000 to my project which the wife says is already over "budget"...whatever that is

Looks like tile for me.

Steve

Old 08-04-10, 06:03 AM
E
Tiling a shower can be a daunting task if youve never tackled a tile project like that before. If you want it to "last" then it needs to be done the right way. IMO cement board alone isnt enough to stop water leakage and mold. Check out the Kerdi shower systems. About $550 for a 4x4 shower kit. I did a 3x3 shower with subway tile and 2 niches and the cost for material was about $1100. Tile starts to add up in price.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: