Americast Tub Flexes while stepping in

Old 11-14-10, 09:26 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Americast Tub Flexes while stepping in

My contractor completed my bathroom in my top floor co-op apartment, He suggested & installed a Americast (acrylic) Tub, when you step into the tub ,just to the left of center, the tub actually flexes then pops back into shape as I move off of that spot, also the area to the left of center almost feels as if something uneven is below it it,not a comfortable feeling, Meanwhile, there was recently an old pipe leaking underneath my bathroom which caused the ceiling (in the apartment below) to have to be pulled down for the repairs, My contractor claims that the Structulite bed of mortar he (supposedly) placed underneath my tub (which sits on 3-4 plywood planks) must have fallen out when repairs were done to the ceiling below me, How can that be , if the bottom of my tub ,rest above plywood planks ,and doesn't actually even touch the sub floor.. Short of ripping apart my new bathroom, Would it be possible to open up the back wall of the tub accessing it through my adjacent Living Room wall to possibly force in some tub support (either wood planks or Structulite cement !!! My contractor wants to try to fix it from the apartment underneath me, but that has to be done soon, as the building maintenance men will be closing up his ceiling real soon <Any advice/suggestions Thanks

Old 11-18-10, 04:53 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
One of two things happened. The subfloor wasn't secure in the first place or he didn't use enough Structulite. As for a fix from below, let him try it. I don't see how it can be done but since the ceiling is opened, there is nothing to lose

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: