Cabinets and range measurements

Old 11-16-10, 06:15 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cabinets and range measurements

I am putting a new free-standing range in my kitchen. I have a question about how the range relates to the cabinetry. The range is 26 inches deep. The existing cabinetry on one side of where the range will be is 24 inches deep. There is a wall on the other side of the range that is only 14 inches deep. Can I put the range into this existing spot with it sticking out 2 inches on one side and 10 inches on the other side (this is a diagonal wall leading into a bay window), or would that look weird? I would like to avoid the expense of redoing all the cabinets on that side of the kitchen to make them flush with the front of the range - but of course I want the whole thing to look good when I'm done. Advice?

Old 11-16-10, 07:31 PM
M
Received 27 Upvotes on 21 Posts
Sticking out 2 inches on the one side is fine/typical/expected, but 10" on the other side would look odd. Is that the original configuration of your kitchen? I would build the wall out a couple inches past the front of the range to conceal the oven on that side. Not a big chore.

Old 11-17-10, 03:07 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Typically, a range should have countertop space on both sides, as a prep area and someplace to set hot pots(on heat proof material). If this is a new kitchen layout, reconsider. Otherwise, what he said.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: