Custom Mirror Suggestions???

Old 12-07-10, 05:44 PM
M
Received 27 Upvotes on 21 Posts
Custom Mirror Suggestions???

I'm trying to gather some ideas for a bathroom mirror I will be hanging in my master bathroom. I like the look of a mirror with a wooden (trim) border, but also like the clean and simple look of a beveled mirror with no frame. I found that Moen has a product for framing in mirrors, but it's pretty pricey (over $200 for my application--58" x 30" mirror). Also, is it possible to glue such a large mirror to drywall using liquid nails (for mirrors), or do I need to use some other means to support the mirror as well (e.g. clips)?

Old 12-08-10, 05:05 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 863 Upvotes on 755 Posts
I've seen big mirrors glued to the wall so I doubt there is much in a size limit but I think they use a special mastic rather than liquid nail.

I don't know anything about the Moen mirror trim but I've painted/stained a bunch of mirror molding. Basically it's a piece of wood trim with a rabbit on the back so it can mount flush on the wall and also the mirror edge. If you use the mirror mold - be sure to paint/stain the rabbit as it can partially be seen in the mirror's reflection.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: