Replacing vanity on cut tiles

Old 01-21-11, 06:10 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replacing vanity on cut tiles

We are currently updating our first house and one the projects we wanted to tackle was replacing the vanity in the upstairs bathroom. Unfortunately, the tiles on the floor and the wall have been cut to the edge of the vanity and around the vanity top. The tiles are in perfectly good shape, so we don't want to have to retile. The problem is, we are not able to find a vanity that's the same size, which the current one is relatively small (only 27 1/2" high). I figured I could get something slightly bigger and use shims to make sure it's level, but then I have the problem of how the old tile was also cut around the vanity top so if the new top is higher up, then the cut tile will be exposed on the wall. Unfortunately, we cannot find any extra tile anywhere in the house. Has anyone else run into a similar situation? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-11, 03:52 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Not an uncommon problem for a remodeler. You have the height problem solved, if you can go to a cabinet wide enough to cover the edges, issue solved. You will never find a match for the existing tile. If changing the size is not a possibility, I sometimes remove tiles that will be showing and replace with something to accent and compliment what is there. Frame around the new vanity/top as it were.