recessed lights above shower

Old 01-25-11, 04:07 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
recessed lights above shower

I am doing a bathroom remodel and wanted to install 4 small recessed lights above the shower, one in each corner. The lights are certified for damp locations, which I have come to understand is OK as far as any steam from the shower, but not OK if someone were to accidentally spray water at the ceiling w/ the shower head. The lights would be running off the GFCI receptacle. Is this a potential dangerous situation if the lights are not certified for a wet location? If so does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find some wet certified recessed lamps, they only need to be 3 inches, w/brushed nickel trim. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-11, 05:39 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
the light itself isnt whats rated for damp/wet locations, its the trim. You will need to use a shower trim on those lites. if your using 4" cans then you need 4" shower trims. check out home depot online, they have some 4" and 3" shower trims that look pretty nice. Actually the 3" ones look better, you could probably use just 3" cans instead, you will still have enough light.