best value for a bathroom remodel

Old 04-27-11, 07:13 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
best value for a bathroom remodel

I have a four bedroom home the attic has been converted to a bedroom and the other 3 are on the second floor with a 10 by 11.5 bathroom was a full bath the tub surround leaked so we pull the tub and put in a shower stall we are wanting to make it back into a full bath we have the laundry in this bathroom and want to know if it is better to have it there or to move it to the basement and have a large bathroom which is the best idea for resale

Old 04-27-11, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
Received 339 Upvotes on 270 Posts
Perhaps you could retype your question and add some punctuation marks. Everything is one long sentence running into each other, and nothing makes sense.

Old 04-27-11, 07:58 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I think the real estate people are starting to catch on that nowadays people take showers and tubs are seldom used. As long as there is a tub available in another bath, I would leave it as is.

Another consideration is weight. Your attic floor joists may not have been designed to support the same load as a living space. Unless you know that the joists are adequately sized, I would be hesitant to put in a tub.

Old 04-27-11, 11:31 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,182 Upvotes on 1,140 Posts
As Wayne said, I think whether there's another tub in the house makes a big difference here

While it's getting to be more common to see main or upper floor laundry, I don't see a problem moving that downstairs if you need to put a tub back in

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: