New Granite Counter Top - Faucet Hole Placement

Old 12-04-11, 06:18 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Granite Counter Top - Faucet Hole Placement

I just had new granite counters installed and I am questioning the placement of the kitchen faucet hole. Unfortunately I did not have the faucet when they drilled the hole and the installer insisted he knew where to place it (holes were drilled on site).

The next day when the faucet was installed (different guy) he alerted me that he needed to rotate the faucet body a little so the handle (side mounted, single hole) would not hit the back splash. He said this is normal. It is not rotated too much, but enough for me to wonder if the hole could have been better placed, maybe 1/2 inch closer to the sink would have done it. The sink is under mounted, so I am not sure how far away the hole needs to be back from it. It appears there may be enough room.

Iím wondering if this is normal, to have to rotate the faucet like that or if I should call out the granite people to fix it. Would there be any harm in elongating the hole so that it could slide forward, or is this asking for problems.

Looking for other peoples experinces.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-11, 03:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
The undermount sink may be the culprit. It's edge may have prevented him from cutting the hole any closer to it than he did. Notwithstanding, elongating the hole may make it weaker in that area and the escutcheon of the faucet may not cover the back of the hole. I have seen it before, but that is not to say it is perfect.

Old 12-05-11, 04:53 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

When I measure from the edge of the counter (sink side) back to the center hole that was drilled it is about 2" back. Seem right, or could it have been moved forward more?