Custom shower idea

Old 12-13-11, 06:53 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Custom shower idea

I'm working on some ideas for a custom shower on a new house. (Open to any suggestions on sites with custom built showers, I figured there be a ton, but not finding anything unique).

Anyways, I have a Kohler DTV system now, and was probably going to use the same parts. A shower head, body jets, and a rain tile. I had an idea, but didn't know how well it would work. If I would just end up with water everywhere.

It's basically a corner shower, but with all the hardware mounted on a central tower spraying towards the back corner. Entrances on either side. Here's a picture, options or suggestions on sites appreciated.

Old 12-14-11, 10:03 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Why two openings?

Old 12-14-11, 06:54 PM
L
Thanks for the welcome. My wife and I wanted something big, and that would look different. We figured this would look nice and open. As cliche as it is, I guess it was a 'sexy' design.
We thought about making it flush with the floor. We could always use a trench drain at the doors, but with the water hitting the back, I'm hoping there won't be that much splash. I thought about actually bringing the tile out a little past the opening.
Again, thanks for any thoughts.

Old 12-15-11, 05:00 AM
L
No technical reason. We just thought it looked more open, more like a water room.

Old 12-15-11, 07:04 AM
W
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I like the idea of two openings. Not only is it an interesting design, but the opposing openings will promote good ventilation.

Have you considered locating the controls and body spray in the corner and having the facing wall half glass? Another option to think about in a shower this large is a bench.

Old 12-15-11, 06:07 PM
L
I originally thought about doing the thin wall in glass and spraying out of the corner, but I'm afraid the body jet sprays would either be too wide and overspray, or the splatter when they hit might spread out through the doors. I had planned on a corner seat, I just didn't draw it in.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: