Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

30" cooktop over 24" oven is 3" over dishwasher next to oven. Is that a problem?

30" cooktop over 24" oven is 3" over dishwasher next to oven. Is that a problem?

Old 06-24-12, 11:32 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cooktop goes over dishwasher a little. will it work?

Hello,
I purchased a 30" Bosch induction cooktop to go over a 24" Ikea oven. I also purchased an integrated Bosch dishwasher that goes next to the oven. I am afraid that the 3" that the cooktop hangs over the dishwasher when the cooktop is centered over the oven is going to cause a problem.
Does anyone know if there is enough clearance over a Bosch dishwasher for a few inches of cooktop? Yikes!
I'm so worried. Any advise would be magic!

Last edited by stephengel79; 06-24-12 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-24-12, 08:19 PM
Hi stephengel79,

No way it will work. Bosch dishwashers are totally encased in an outer cabinet. There isn't much more than an inch between the top of the dishwasher and the bottom of the countertop in a normal installation. You'll either have to move the cooktop over or raise that section of counter to make more room.

Doug M.

Old 06-25-12, 01:05 PM
S
first off thanks so much for your reply. this is my first time on a forum and I'm so pleased that it works.
My husband told me that the cabinet height is 35" or so and the Bosch dishwasher specs say that it can be adjusted from 31 7/8" to 44 1/4". I understand that with the heat shield in place the cooktop is almost 6" below the counter. I was hoping that with the dishwasher adjusted as low as possible plus the two inches of actual counter material that the cooktop would clear the dishwasher. I don't even know if that is possible and if it is does the dishwasher being adjusted so low with a counter height much higher affect the way it looks in front? I hope I am clear and making sense. Again, help at this point would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: