What is my bathroom counter top made of??

Old 07-14-12, 06:04 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What is my bathroom counter top made of??

I'm interested in resurfacing my bathroom counter, however, I have no clue what it is made out of. It's all one solid surface, with an integrated sink. I know it isn't laminate, and the bottom of the coutner is this porous material. Any info helps!

Attached Images    
Old 07-14-12, 06:21 PM
S
Hello hcurnutt, It ( bathroom sink ) almost looks like either a marble or granite counter top or vanity top but I have been wrong before. I hope this helps.

Old 07-14-12, 07:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
It appears to be cultured marble. It is cast as one piece from a fiberglas like product, and polished for the final finish. Pretty stable stuff. What part needs refinishing? You aren't gonna change the color or anything as it is part of the pour. Check with cultured marble dealers and see what they recommend for such a product to polish it, etc.

Old 07-14-12, 07:11 PM
H
Well darn. Was hoping to change the urine color of the countertop, but I guess it's very fitting in a bathroom. I appreciate the help!

Old 07-15-12, 05:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
But you can replace it easily enough. If you need help in doing that, just let us know. Yeah, the color seems to be fairly camouflaged to the room

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: