Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Can I paint the seams of my laminate kitchen countertop?

Old 08-30-12, 07:03 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I'm stubborn about my laminate kitchen counters. They're still shiny, and I love the color. However, the seams, especially in the area above the dishwasher, have begun to show white (after 15 years!). I would like to just paint the seam in a matching color to improve the appearance. Can/should I use an epoxy paint? Other? Grateful for any suggestions.

Attached Images  
Old 08-31-12, 05:27 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 858 Upvotes on 750 Posts
I've stained grout on tile before with good results but don't recall ever painting any seems on a laminate counter top. I wouldn't be overly concerned about the paint not adhering well since it's such a small area. You can either paint the line and use a rag [damp with appropriate thinner] and wipe the excess off of the laminate or tape it. If you use tape it would be best to remove the tape as soon as you finish so you can remove any paint that might seep under the tape.

Old 08-31-12, 07:17 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,273 Upvotes on 1,213 Posts
Sounds like more effort than it's worth but it's your kitchen so it's your call. If you do attempt this, please post back with pictures of your results.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: