Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

ugly space from shorter door panel on panel ready dishwasher

Old 09-06-12, 11:37 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

My contractor says that the door panel that is to be installed on my panel ready 18" bosch dishwasher needs to be cut down at the bottom and a 1" gap needs to be left in order for the door to open all the way. he says its a bosch design flaw. what?

Old 09-06-12, 11:40 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
the door panel is within the specs that bosch recommends using.

Old 09-07-12, 03:12 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
You're paying for a Bosch and your contractor says it needs to look ugly. Shop around for a new contractor and keep the Bosch. Much better deal. Got a picture of what he is talking about? http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 09-07-12, 12:31 PM
Received 6 Upvotes on 5 Posts
My contractor says that the door panel that is to be installed on my panel ready 18" bosch dishwasher needs to be cut down at the bottom and a 1" gap needs to be left in order for the door to open all the way.
That's not how it worked on mine.

Old 09-07-12, 04:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,948 Upvotes on 1,748 Posts
Oddly enough, one of the carpenters I was working with today had this exact problem with the Bosch dishwasher that he was installing. If I understood him correctly, the problem occurs when you install a wood toekick that lines up with the toekick on the cabinet to either side of the dishwasher. The door will not lower all the way otherwise, so you have to leave about 1" of clearance at the top of the toekick. Cutting the door panel would be idiotic.

I think he even called the Bosch 800 number and our appliance supplier.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: