glass tile backsplash

Old 09-22-12, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
glass tile backsplash

my wife and i are installing 12x 12 glass tile mosaic backsplash over our countertops . Our stove is the last item at the end of the wall , should i tile behind the stove so to see tile at end of wall or just make a counter top line at stop at that ... any help would be apreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-12, 08:45 PM
Obviously, it's your call regarding esthetics-either way would work, but here are a few things to consider:

What would you put behind the stove if you decide to not continue the tile?
(Consider here the cleaning of the area as well as the appearance.)

What does "the end of the wall" consist of: a corner? (inside or outside), a doorway? a window? something else? That could have an impact on your choice.

If you decide to not put tile behind the stove, how would you transition form the tiled area to the untiled area? (I guess that this is a consideration even if you tile behind the stove.)

Now, an opinion:
We recently remodeled our kitchen, and we did continue the tiles behind the stove ( ending up against the panel next to the refrigerator). My brother-in law advised on/helped with the tiling, and he made the point that continuing the tiles would look more finished, and be "in place should we replace the stove in the future".
Whatever you decide, good luck with your project, and let us know what you did.

Old 10-02-12, 07:30 PM
my preference is to either align the backsplash with the countertop (in which case, it's only partial-height - not all the way up to the cabinets) or else align them to the cabinets (they go up all the way to the cabinets and from full end to end). this would probably cover the space behind the stove, as well. if the stove is not underneath the cabinets, then carrying the backsplash all the way across would integrate the stove with the cabinets, making it feel like a whole unit instead of exiled.