need help finishing my shower/bath

Old 11-05-12, 01:45 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry need help finishing my shower/bath

pics of my ugly ugly shower. I don't know what the previous owners were doing. It is all unfinished wood. Hard to clean. What can I do to make this look nice? Or just more "normal"? or something other than this!?

pic #1 is showing where the sliding doors are. that is the area i have to step over to get in my tub..while honestly i would just love to replace the entire tub/shower...i have a budget

pic #2 is the back of the shower (area to the right of the doors). what you cant see is there is a recess...im thinking they were going to add more shelving? i dont care if there is shelving there or not since i have shelving on the other side

pic #3 is tilted. its showing the top of the shower where the doors are under

pic #4 is showing the left to the doors

basically...i just need to know what i should start doing to make this look not like this

thanks for any and all help

Attached Images     
Old 11-05-12, 02:30 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
I see nothing good coming from this. Wood should not be in the shower, particularly unfinished, non-pressure treated wood. In the short term, until budget allows, I would tear out all the wood, scrape away any caulking and put up a shower curtain and start from a different point of view.

You may want to share other pictures of your bathroom in general so that we may make some cost effective suggestions for you.

Old 11-05-12, 03:44 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
haha..thanks. i had a feeling this was going to be the answer. i can get more pics tomorrow

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: