kitchen remodel order

Old 11-24-12, 03:09 PM
kitchen remodel order

Here is my situation:

Total kitchen remodel.

Wall cabinets in- Base cabinets in place but not screwed to wall.

Appliances arrived (in garage)

Looking for a general order to go from here.

Do I screw all base cabinets in and then slide dishwasher/oven in- or start on one end ans work my way down? In other words- get dishwasher hooked up and then screw sink cabinet to wall etc? then work my way down to stove? Just want to make sure if I need to move something a fraction or so- I still can to accomodate appliances.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-12, 03:55 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Methinks Greg is answering another post. It's early and one cup just doesn't get it
Your cabinets are designed to accommodate dishwashers and all the other appliances. There won't be any give or take in their design. I would lay my flooring in, install the base cabinets level, then on to the task of countertops and appliances.

Old 11-25-12, 07:23 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The nice thing about having all appliances on site during the install is that you can cross reference them during your install to make sure of no surprises after you are finished. Put in your base cabinets, as when you get to the various openings, go take a measurement and verify before you screw the cabinet down. Areas to focus on are the Refrigerator width and height to upper cabinets, and your (slide in) Range width measurements. The dishwasher area is only really of concern if you are installing your flooring after the cabinets. You would want to make sure there is enough height left to the opening to get the dishwasher into the opening.

Old 11-26-12, 04:04 AM
Install Order

Install base cabinets after flooring and before appliances and counter tops. Install exact length temporary spacers to assure correct opening width for appliances such as dishwasher and range.