Toilet in the shower stall?

Old 12-02-12, 04:26 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Toilet in the shower stall?

I have been looking at bathroom/shower designs and have come across something that interests me but I am wondering how it might affect property value.
The idea is to have a toilet inside the shower stall. This seems very practical to me but would like other opinions.
Is this a Japanese thing?
Could really be a space saver if you are trying to add an extra bathroom in a small space.
What fraction of a bathroom would a Realtor list it as?

Old 12-02-12, 04:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
How would it save space? You still need the footprint of the toilet, plus the footprint of the shower. You can't stand in the toilet to shower. How would the shower drain if the toilet is covering the only drain there is? Toilet minimum drain size is 3" and shower is 2". Japanese are space savers for sure, but I just don't think I want to stand in a shower where someone just missed the toilet or puked in the floor. Good luck with your failure analyses.

Old 12-02-12, 04:54 PM
T
Could really be a space saver
Not only a space saver but if you can multi-task, a real time saver when you're running late in the morning.

Old 12-02-12, 07:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
You could put the sink in there too..... NOW.... that would be a real timesaver

You could sh*t, shower and shave all at once.

Old 12-02-12, 07:16 PM
Received 6 Upvotes on 5 Posts
Hey, I can shave in the shower now, without any of those other fixtures in the way!

Old 12-03-12, 07:22 PM
T
I actually wouldn't mind one of those toilets that the sink basin is in the lid of the tank, even if it doesn't recycle any water. I'm considering one of those for my workshop bathroom, if I ever manage to put the bathroom in.

My wife stayed in a hotel that had a "modern" bathroom that lacked a shower door or curtain, where the shower was the same floor as the floor of the bathroom. She said it was awful, as everything got wet.

I've seen some RVs with the toilet and shower in a little alcove together, and it's a compromise design. It's not because it's good, it's because it's efficient. I still wouldn't recommend it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: