IMPOSSIBLE bathroom improvement! HELP!

Old 12-23-12, 05:39 PM
Question IMPOSSIBLE bathroom improvement! HELP!

Okay.. so i have this bathroom (pics below) and i really need suggestions on what i should do with it.. to make it feel larger and more open.

I have no other place for the washer/dryer. and do not have enough money to buy the upright combo unit.

Name:  20121223_193529.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  23.7 KBName:  20121223_193506.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  24.8 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-12, 06:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Caitlin, welcome to the forums! Looks as if you are landlocked until you can get the stackable W/D unit. No way to move anything to give you more room. I may suggest as a space saving alternative, use the shower curtain rod for your towel to dry on, and possibly install some shallow hanging shelves on the wall to the left of the sink to put your "stuff" on. I also built my wife a multiple hole holder for her hair dryer, curling iron, whatever.....I think she even charges her phone there

Basically utilize the space you have (and don't take this wrong) declutter the horizontal surfaces, organizing things. This will give the appearance of more space.

You are stuck with color due to the tub. I am in the same boat. One bathroom harvest gold and the other avocado

Give the others a chance to chime in on this. Maybe there is something I have overlooked. Good luck with it.

Old 12-23-12, 06:16 PM
Group Moderator
Is this a condo ?

Do you have to stay with the walls as they are ?
I know funds are tight but could you change the walls if you wanted to ?

Old 12-23-12, 06:30 PM
Thanks!
I am thinking about building a more open vanity, with space underneath.

Also, Chandler*********** . this could possibly help you with your tub problem as well. could help hide the color.

also, it is a mobile home so space is limited

Last edited by Shadeladie; 12-24-12 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Sorry, blog sites not allowed
Old 12-23-12, 06:36 PM
Group Moderator
How about a different medicine cabinet that could hold some of that stuff? My wife and I have a running argument about all the stuff she crams in our shower... you are going to get me started on it. I have one thing, my shampoo. She has about 10 different shampoos and conditioners, lotions, scrubs, loufa's (sp?) noxema cremes, razors, etc... and its seldom I can get in the shower without one of those blasted things falling on my foot! grrrr!

Perhaps a well placed shelf in the back of the shower would also be a good idea.

Old 12-23-12, 06:40 PM
I am going to invest some time in finding some storage solutions. that is for sure.That is a good idea for a shelf on the back of the shower ZSleeper! I know your pain..far to well!! with things falling over.

Old 12-23-12, 06:45 PM
Group Moderator
LOL, yeah somehow those items that fall in the shower can defy physics and reach maximum velocity in just 2 or 3 feet.

Old 12-24-12, 09:01 AM
I think i may try to get a stackable washer/dryer unit. to free up some room. and it would sit on the left side ..where the washer currently is.

Old 12-24-12, 09:10 AM
Group Moderator
If you aren't in two cold an area have you considered building a cabinet on a back porch for the washer and dryer or if you have the land a small detached laundry room.

Old 12-25-12, 08:24 PM
That is a great idea, but i live in Minnesota. Which...as you know.. isn't the warmest of states. currently 6 F at the moment =P