Need ideas to deal with unwanted pot rack

Old 04-17-13, 03:28 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Need ideas to deal with unwanted pot rack

I am remodeling this kitchen to give it a futuristic vibe (metal cabinet doors on black cabinets, etc.). I am all about futuristic--I wouldn't mind if I felt like I was in a sci fi movie even.

I'm stuck on what to do with this pot rack. I don't want a pot rack! I suppose I could just remove it and patch the holes. Installing a light fixture would be great but I don't know if I want to do the wiring.

I was thinking of some type of hanging candle thingee but that seems to be too traditional in style and perhaps fussy to clean.

I'm pretty open to other ideas that are innovative though. Thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks for reading!

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-13, 06:55 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
You say you don't want a pot rack, so I would just remove it. If you need more light over the island, an electrician may be needed but if the light is fine, patching the holes may be all you have to do.

Old 04-17-13, 03:48 PM
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
Why not put lights inside the pot rack. They have some pretty futuristic rail lights out there that allow you to angle the light fixture anyway you would like. The lights shining through the grid will add an interesting shadowing to the space. Kind of like the lights are in jail or something. Or if you have quite a few little rail lights in a pattern, the pot rack could look like the bottom end of a rocket booster.

rail lighting - Google Search

Old 04-18-13, 03:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
I know you are doing this as an immediate and temporary gratification, but whatever you do to change the appearance of the kitchen, remember resale value and what your remodel will do to affect that. A kitchen will in some instances make or break a deal. So if this house is a 5 year house or less (your expected occupancy), I would make conservative changes. Lights in the pot rack could make an impression and are reversible without much damage.

Old 04-18-13, 03:56 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
good ideas! thanks keep them coming!

chandler--you're right. for us this will probably be our 30 year house, and we haven't moved in yet.