Bathtub Selection

Old 05-26-13, 02:28 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bathtub Selection

I am in the process of remodeling a small hall bathroom. In my rush to get all the fixtures delivered I inadvertently ordered a 14" high bathtub while the standard seems to be 17 3/4".

If I go ahead and install this tub will people see it as drawback when I go to sell the house in the next 5 years. There is another hall bath with just a shower and the master bath has a shower and jetted tub.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-13, 02:33 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The whole reason for taking a bath is to be able to soak in it. Seems way to short to me.
I do not get the whole point of soaking in your own filth but for some reason the lady like it.
I'd get a taller one.

Old 05-26-13, 02:53 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
How do you like sitting on a standard toilet versus an ADA compliant one? Same theory. I would not have anything that low. Either have a high side, or make a shower out of it.

Old 05-27-13, 12:29 PM
B
Both tub have the same capacity. The higher tub is above floor rough in while the lower side is below the floor which is not a problem for me.

Old 05-27-13, 01:18 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
You may be trying to sell yourself on this tub since you already ordered it. "below" the floor? You mean you have to re do all your floor joists in order to sink this tub below floor level?? My point was, in order to get into the tub, you will have to step down into it, and the edge will be too low. Ladies like to sit on edges of tubs, too.