Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Small problem (Hopefully only small) with my Kerdi setup.

Old 06-15-13, 03:37 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hi, all! I posted here a bunch in December looking for help, and was enthusiastically assisted by everyone here.

This is still the same bathroom I'm working on, I had a lot of things come up since then, and had not really had too much time to dabble in it.

Here is the situation.
I have the subfloor (slab concrete) level for the Schluter kit (Drain incl.)
My problem is that my waste pipe with all of my pvc attachments is a bit too high. I put it on dry, and the drain sits above my schluter kerdi drain base by about 1 inch.

Any ideas? I thought about screwing a couple stacks of plywood to the subfloor to compensate, but I'd really rather not do that.

Old 06-16-13, 04:47 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,272 Upvotes on 2,024 Posts
Unless I'm missing something why can't you trim/cut the drain pipe to the proper elevation?

Old 06-16-13, 10:24 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Agree. Get an inside diameter pvc saw that fits on a drill. Stick it down inside the pipe at predetermined depth and cut the pipe from the inside out.

Old 06-16-13, 01:40 PM
P
Group Moderator
Once I even used a router. I took off a 1/4" of pipe until I got to the correct height.

Old 06-19-13, 02:24 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Any other options? I could cut the pipe further, and I'm just about to. The only problem is that I've already cut maybe 3 inches off of it. I'd have to chisel out more concrete around it, to be able to even put on my rubber coupler.

Old 06-19-13, 04:48 PM
P
Group Moderator
I can't imagine chipping away enough concrete to make room to tighten a no hub coupling. Is there a reason you are not considering a glued fitting?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: