need advise on replacing a bathtub

Old 02-17-01, 03:36 PM
Visiting Guest
My husband and I are looking at remodeling our bathroom. We are wondering as do-it-yourselfers what is the best way to handle the bathtub. My husband has never taking on a project like this and we wonder if he could handle replacing the old tub or should we look into a suround.

Would it be just as economical to have someone come in and do one of those tub coverings. We're afraid once he starts that we my end up paying just as much or more than if we went an alternate route to start with. The less spent the better!

Old 02-17-01, 10:22 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
What problem are you trying to solve, or what is your goal for when the re-modeling is finished?

"What is the best way to handle the bathtub" doesn't tell me much? Do you want to know how to pick it up, remove it, replace it, refinish it, or what?

Old 02-20-01, 06:14 AM
Derwood
Visiting Guest
I too am about to remodel the bathroom. I decided after looking at all the options to go with a nice soaker tub and do the tiling myself. Good 3-piece tub surounds cost around $650....For that kind of money I can even go with a jetted tub. (lower end) The tub manufacturer or dealers have some great instructions as well as many web-based tutorials to remove and replace. I would suggest, as many have pointed out to me, that when installing the tub, to set it in mortar (make sure it doesn't want to move!)

Old 11-23-01, 12:32 PM
builder
Visiting Guest
ceiling fans

can you tell me whish direction a ceiling fan should be turning
in the winter to bring warm air down from ceiling and cool air in the summer??

Thank you

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: