Soap dish/ shelf installation

Old 09-20-13, 03:03 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Soap dish/ shelf installation

We hired a co. to install the tile in our shower/ tub because we wanted it to be done right. The tile guys set the tile yesterday including two Daltile corner soap dishes. They are the large ones having I think a 3 inch height being the same as the tile used. At issue is the dishes are set not at parallel with the tile but dropping lower away from the wall. The dishes are pre-made with a drainage relief at the outer edges and should they be plumb or do the dishes need to be set with a fall to the outer edge. The photos I have seen show the installed dish to be parallel to the tile edges. Thanks

Old 09-20-13, 03:06 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Anything with a molded drip should be mounted flush and plumb to the wall. When you custom build the nooks, a slight elevation in the back of the shelf is necessary. I'd have them installed properly and plumb. You got pix of yours??

Old 09-20-13, 06:46 AM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank's Chandler, my wife is the purchasing agent for a good sized developer and it is one of her responsibilities to inspect work done on their jobs. They typically do developments ranging from 30 to 200 condo's at a time so when she got home and looked it wasn't going well for the tile guys. There was an issue with the fact they spoke a limited amount of English and neither of us speeks Spanish so today she will talk to her contractor and down the line it will go until we have the issue resolved. My reasoning for asking is I wanted to be sure about the way they were installed on technical merit. I would post a picture if I knew how looking at this screen. I have a Mac and some things are different. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: