Shower room door, not shower door.

Old 10-31-13, 06:28 AM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shower room door, not shower door.

I am rebuilding a shower room that I have in the basement. The dimmensions are 4' x 10'. The room includes a 4x4 shower with a shower curtain and a sink, that is all. There are no windows but there is a huge Nutone 130cfm vent.

I had gone to my local hd to look for a 30" door for this shower room and was ready to buy a hollow wood door for about $55 when one of the associates there showed me a 6 panel solid door for about $20 more. Hey, for another $20, I'll go for the heavier door. As I approached the register I noticed a nick at the bottom showing what looked to be compressed paper or some sort of composite. I didnt think anything of it untill I loaded the door in my truck and started thinking about the moisture in the shower room and the longevity of this composite door.

I brought the door home and decided not to install it until I consider my options.
Can someone tell me what type of door would best suit my needs for a room that will be seeing constant or frequent moisture. Thank you for any assistance.

Old 10-31-13, 07:23 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Prime it and paint two coats on all sides. That's the way 99.9 % of bathroom doors are done with no issues.

Old 10-31-13, 07:47 AM
Z
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Any particular paint type?

Old 10-31-13, 09:16 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
You always want to use some type of enamel on woodwork/doors. You can use oil base, waterborne or latex enamel [waterborne is my preference] The main thing is to prime/paint the top/bottom along with the rest of the door.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: