Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

installing bathroom flooring next to sump, furnace and water heater

Old 12-15-13, 06:21 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

We have a house built in 1992 and the previous owner walled in the rough in for toilet and sink which is in the same room as the sump, furnace and water heater. I was thinking of going with wood flooring since its warmer in the cold basement. Is it possible to get a click together flooring with the pad built in and just lay it down? Guess my first issue is if the slope of the floor matters for the drain nearby. Never really had any issues but want to be prepared if there is. The sump is in the back corner and I have to put the toilet to the left of it and the sink to the right, the furnace and water heater are to the right of the sink with the door basically facing the sink and the toilet is to the left when you walk in.

Old 12-22-13, 08:32 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I would go with rubberized flooring. Do a Google search. There are plenty of hits.

Old 12-22-13, 11:27 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 759 Upvotes on 664 Posts
Most of us don't like laminate flooring in bath rms or basements because of how easily it's damaged by water.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: