New Kitchen Design - help needed please!

Old 03-03-14, 11:16 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Kitchen Design - help needed please!

Name:  Kitchen 1.jpeg
Views: 505
Size:  24.4 KBName:  kitchen 2.jpeg
Views: 1196
Size:  27.2 KB

Hi there!

My husband and I want to redo the kitchen with white wood cabinets, light quartz countertops, and white subway tile.

Here is our inspiration:

Name:  Inspiration.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  22.2 KB

Is this most likely a "classic kitchen" that would be attractive to buyers in 5-7 years when we sell?

Is it odd to have the refrigerator so close to the wall (on the right)?

Would you think a small island would fit nicely in the new kitchen? (We have a dining room adjacent to the kitchen, so a table doesn't need to fit in there as well).

Also, what would be a reasonable quote for all these cabinets? Any place you recommend to find them? We went to Menards and the quote was about $2000 for the pre-assembled cabinets.

Also, any great places to buy quartz countertops??

Thank you so much!!

Old 03-03-14, 11:23 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Have you considered painting the existing cabinets? That along with a new countertop would give you the most bang for your buck. FWIW - my fridge is also at the end of the wall, that was the only good place for it when I remodeled the kitchen 10-12 yrs ago. We have no complaints with it's location. I don't see any reason you couldn't replace the table with an island .... maybe consider one that will accommodate a few stools on one end.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/pa...t-repaint.html

Old 03-03-14, 11:39 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi @marksr , thanks for the advice!

We did think about just painting the cabinets because they are in decent shape (only one owner of the home before us). But we need to put in a dishwasher to the left of the sink. Which means we have to move the sink over to the right a bit which messes up all of the cabinets below (on the left side (where the sink is)). We figured we would be better off just getting new cabinets to update the kitchen completely.

That's great news about the fridge! I was hoping to hear that!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: