Installing bathroom heater

Old 03-14-01, 06:21 AM
G
Visiting Guest
Cool

I am replacing an overhead light fixture in the bathroom with one of those "red light" heaters(the kind that are in the Howard Johnson bathrooms)as the bathroom currently has no heater. After installation, it will be about 6 inches away from the fan\vent. Will there be a problem with this if its all wired correctly? The bathroom has a another set of lights on a different switch.

TIA
Merc

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-01, 12:01 AM
G
Visiting Guest
I can't answer your question, I'm not one of the pros here. But,...just thought I would let you in on what I did. I don't have any heat in the bath either. I thought about a heatlamp like you mentioned, but went with a new fan/light/heater. It has a seperate fan to blow the hot air downward and works much better than a lamp. Only drawback is that it needs its own 20 amp breaker, and for me, getting the wiring to the box was a chore.

Old 03-15-01, 05:35 AM
G
Visiting Guest
Thanks Grubbie. I am thinking about that as well. Problem is, I already have an exhaust fan that is wired to the light switch. If I went with one of those that you're speaking of, I would have 2 fans going. I need the exhaust fan because that bathroom doesnt have a window. I havent ruled out installing one on the wall either. Still checking things out and wanted some input from the folks on here. Thanks for your time.

Merc

Old 08-18-09, 07:05 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i am also just wondering about using kitchen ceiling heater just like the bathroom ceiling heater i install in my bathroom, but i can't find the right location on where should i place the ceiling heater... any suggestions?

Last edited by pmgca; 08-18-09 at 07:37 AM. Reason: link removed
Old 08-20-09, 12:54 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alyka View Post
i am also just wondering about using kitchen ceiling heater just like the bathroom ceiling heater i install in my bathroom, but i can't find the right location on where should i place the ceiling heater... any suggestions?
i think you better place it on the middle part of the ceiling so that it can easily circulate the air

Last edited by pmgca; 08-20-09 at 04:48 AM. Reason: link removed