Quarts counter top installation gone bad!?

Old 08-05-14, 04:53 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Quarts counter top installation gone bad!?

The installation of my new counter tops looks unfinished and horrible. I was curious if this was typical? I will let the pics speak for themselves.

Damage to bullnose

Wood underneath bar top is not flush with the edge

Poplar screwed into a plastic square that's stapled into the cabinets

Old 08-05-14, 06:42 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Have you talked to the installer about this?

Old 08-05-14, 06:58 PM
C
The 3 guys who came to install it didn't speak english. I did call the company and they said they will be out on Thursday to finish the install. The island piece and another piece was cut incorrectly so they took those back. They didn't address the problem and said that they would have their GM call me today. It's now 7 PM and I never heard anything from them.

Old 08-05-14, 10:11 PM
C
We also purchased these from HD and the company I spoke with was their sub contractor. We did go in to HD and the woman handling these types of complaints just called the company and was whispering like she didn't really have our back in the matter.

Old 08-06-14, 04:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
She didn't have your back, but she eventually will once you get their corporate headquarters involved. Judging from your pictures, the installation was crap. Why was the 2x lumber used? Certainly not to level the countertop. No intermediate support. The plastic triangle is where your original countertop was fastened from the factory. They didn't leave the sub top looking like the top picture, did they?

Old 08-06-14, 05:28 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Email these pictures to HD headquarters and ask then to address this. One of the worst installs I have seen. Tell them your concerns about store.

Old 08-06-14, 05:29 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 720 Likes on 631 Posts
In part, the gap shown in the top pic was caused when they leveled the top. It's normal to have to caulk under the top to make the gap disappear but that's too much gap for caulking. Normally wood trim is used to hide the wider gaps but the bullnose on the drywall would complicate that.

Are they responsible for the drywall repairs or did you sign a waiver releasing them from any damage caused by the installation?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: