Preventing water spilling

Old 09-30-14, 12:31 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Preventing water spilling

I have a bathroom that is open concept as in the picture I drew with a curtain for the shower. There is a slight dip so water from the shower goes to the drain but it's not enough of a slant, water still goes all over and sometimes out the door causing damage to the floor. The bathroom has to remain wheelchair accessible so no permanent guards can be built. I have 2 ideas so far, to put a strip caulk onto a piece of wood to be placed on the floor during showers (although I think water will still pass through between the tiles on the floor). my second idea is to sew a sand pillow with waterproof material to place on the floor. I'm thinking the irregular shape will seal in the cracks between the tiles.

If you know that neither of these ideas will work please let me know.

I'm looking for advice and new ideas of how I would be able to stop the water

Thanks everyone

Attached Images    
Old 10-02-14, 08:24 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I built a wheel chair accessible shower for my father, I used an interior trench drain outside the shower. That will solve the problem. Search google images for pics.

Old 10-02-14, 09:48 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,522 Posts
I'm sure you're not excited about demolishing your bathroom to install a trench drain. Have you considered a garage door floor dam? You can roll a wheelchair over it and it should provide enough of a lip to prevent water from escaping. Attractive??? well, that's up to you but on the plus size once it's installed you can leave it there for good.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: