Where to buy cabinets for kitchen?

Old 11-21-14, 06:10 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Where to buy cabinets for kitchen?

Do you guys think I can get a better deal on cabinets from a chain store like Home Depot, or a store that specializes in cabinets?

Old 11-21-14, 06:39 PM
Received 648 Upvotes on 573 Posts
Go to the chain stores first. Get a quote. Then go to a local dealer and ask them to quote. Don't be afraid to tell them you have a quote from Big Orange or even show it to them. My local dealer not only gave me better pricing but also better advise and better ideas. They even told me that I could have granite top movalble island that Big Orange says they were not allowed to sell me. Also if the delivery or order is screwed up by the big box store or factory you're on your own to follow up and expedite. The local dealer will do it for you. In addition my local dealer came to my house to check my measurements even though I was only buy the cabinets and installing them myself.

The only thing the local dealer will not be able to do is offer incentives such as a free microwave or appliance if you buy from them.

Old 11-21-14, 07:17 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It depends if you want to install them yourself or if you want a contractor to do it.
If you want installation, I would go to a contractor that you can select, not be at the mercy of a big store.
If you are planning to install them yourself, either will work. Be prepared for some challenges. It's not as easy as it looks to install cabinets.
You can always get some good advice here.
There's also a huge price difference in cabinets, depending on what you want and budget. Just a few examples are hardware, drawer construction, and door style.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: