Finally remodeling bathroom myself

Old 12-19-14, 12:01 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Finally remodeling bathroom myself

So my handyman who was renovating the bathroom ran away and now since Christmas is near no one is ready and I have so many guests coming. I have decided to do it myself.
Handyman ripped off the bathroom and installed the air bath tub without the plumbing and electric supply and I have 3 questions to start
1. old tub was small and new american standard air bath center for drain is 18 inch. very little space to even see where drain is. underneath bathroom is kitchen. Question is should i cut the kitchen ceiling or the wall where tub is attached to a very small closet.
2. I bought a rain shower tile and want to use along with regular shower so I read that i need to create divergent to use both at once or one at a time. Which faucet will be best for this application Moen, Kohler, Delta ,etc.
3. Electric - Do i need to snake from second floor to first floor to basement and add new connection to my panel or pull it from existing plug behind the wall . I know I need GFI and 20 amps . But any ideas will be great.

Old 12-19-14, 03:47 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Lets start with some pictures of what you have right now. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...rt-images.html

Links to your air bath would also be helpful.

Not sure what a rain shower tile is? Do you mean a rain shower head?

Old 12-19-14, 04:17 AM
F
Received 37 Upvotes on 29 Posts
3. Electric - Do i need to snake from second floor to first floor to basement and add new connection to my panel or pull it from existing plug behind the wall . I know I need GFI and 20 amps.
Pumps, heaters and blowers on spa tubs almost always take sufficient current that a dedicated circuit is required. This should be spelled out in the instructions but if it simply says a 20 ampere circuit is required it may mean that the requirement is for a minimum of 1,500 watts and that alone means a dedicated 20 ampere circuit. If you have a heater and/or pump in addition to the blower that may require a second 20 ampere circuit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: